Following the introduction of the Otherside metaverse and the apecoin (APE) launch, Yuga Labs, the creators of the Bored Ape Yacht Club (BAYC) non-fungible tokens (NFTs), published the Otherside’s litepaper. The team says the “document serves as a starter guide for the Otherside, [and] it covers foundational principles of the platform, capabilities of its developers, and possibilities for community co-creation.”
Otherside Litepaper Says Platform is a World-Building Platform That Provides an Exciting Environment to Play
- BAYC creators Yuga Labs via the Othersidemeta Twitter account released the BAYC and NFT-based metaverse litepaper on July 16, 2022. “If you’re already hungry for more Otherside, we’ve released a litepaper,” the team tweeted.
- Essentially, the Otherside is a Bored Ape Yacht Club-fueled metaverse or blockchain virtual world that is made up of 200,000 plots of virtual land. Similar to other metaverse lands from projects like Decentraland and The Sandbox, non-fungible tokens (NFTs) “Otherdeeds” are bought and sold on the open market.
- Seven-day statistics collected from cryptoslam.io indicates that Otherdeed NFT sales are the third largest in terms of weekly NFT sales from specific collections. This past week, Otherdeed sales saw $8,540,410 in volume, which is up 28.67% higher than the week before.
- The Otherside Litepaper website gives a full summary of the metaverse and the possibilities and opportunities it can offer. “In the future, we look forward to seeing what new experiences and games our community can create to expand the possibilities of the metaverse,” Yuga Labs explains.
- “[The] Otherside is a world-building platform that provides an exciting environment to play, create, compete, connect, and explore together,” the website details. “Initially, users will experience Otherside through a narrative gameplay experience (aka The Voyager’s Journey) co-developed by Yuga Labs and Improbable and based on the technology from M².”
- “This document serves as a starter guide for the Otherside. It covers foundational principles of the platform, capabilities of its developers, and possibilities for community co-creation,” the Othersidemeta Twitter account said in its Twitter thread on Saturday.
- The Otherside metaverse land adventure will start with Phase 1, and all Voyagers are invited to join in on an “11-part storyline surrounding a mysterious Obelisk that has appeared in the Otherside universe.”